1. What is the personal information that we collect?
Depending on how you choose to interact with Mason Bottle, we may collect personal information from you, for example your name, e-mail address, billing address, shipping address, phone number, credit card or bank account information, date of birth and other persistent identifiers that can be used to personally identify you. We may also collect other personal information regarding your interaction with the Mason Bottle website including usage information, the items that you browse, purchase and otherwise access, and your geographic location.
2. Why do we collect personal information?
We collect your personal information in an effort to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our business. It allows us to provide you with easy access to our products, with a particular focus on the items and programs that may be of most interest to you. For more information as to why we collect personal information, please see the section below entitled: "How do we use your personal information?"
Your personal information also allows us to communicate with you about special offers, promotions, and other marketing programs and news that may be of interest to you. You always have the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional emails by following the instructions included in each marketing email or by changing your preferences in your account.
3. How do we collect your personal information?
(a) Information that you provide to us
However, there are a number of circumstances in which you may need to provide us with your personal information.
The most common of these circumstances include:
- Making a purchase or placing an order
- Creating an account
- Contacting customer service
- Entering a contest or giveaway
- Interacting with social networking sites
- Signing up for promotional communications
For your convenience, we have provided a summary description of each of these circumstances below:
Making a purchase or placing an order
When you make a purchase or place an order online or purchase you may need to submit personal information to us. Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
For more insight, you may also want to read Shopify’s Terms of Service (https://www.shopify.com/legal/terms) or Privacy Statement (https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy).
Creating an account
Contacting Customer Service
When you contact customer service, we may ask you to provide, or confirm, personal information so that we can better serve you.
Entering a contest or giveaway
If you enter a contest or giveaway we offer, we may ask you to provide personal information so that we can consider your entry and, if you win, so that you may redeem your prize.
Interacting with social media sites
Our website may provide you with the ability to enter (directly, or by authorizing us to download the information from a third party such as a social media site or application) personal information such as contacts or lists of friends. These or related applications may also allow you to provide information directly to social media sites including information about your purchases, physical location, or comments.
Signing up for promotional communications
If you sign up to receive promotional communications or notifications from us, we may ask you to provide personal information so that we can provide these to you.
(b) Information automatically collected
There are circumstances in which we automatically receive and collect information from you. The most common sources of this information include:
- Web server logs
- Pixel tags or clear GIFs
- Third party web analytics services
- Targeted advertising
- Your Device or Apps you use
- Geolocation, including general and precise location information
- Social media sites
For your convenience, we have provided a summary description of each of these circumstances below:
Web server logs
When you visit the Mason Bottle website, our web servers may automatically log information that your browser sends us. For example, we may receive and collect: the name of the domain and host from which you access the Internet; the Internet Protocol (IP) address of the computer you are using; the date and time you access the Mason Bottle website; and the Internet address of the website from which you linked directly to the Mason Bottle Website. We may also collect information regarding search queries run on the Mason Bottle Website. We use this information to monitor the usage of the Mason Bottle Websites and as necessary for our business.
Pixel tags or clear GIFs
We may use sensing technologies that use pixel tags or clear GIFs (which are also called web beacons). These technologies allow us to determine the effectiveness of our e-mail and advertising and marketing efforts. For this purpose, we tie the pixel tags and clear GIFs to personally identifiable information. We may also collect information regarding the links within such marketing materials that you click on and purchase statistics regarding items you buy following receipt of such marketing.
Third party web analytics services
We work with third party service providers, including but not limited to Wicked Reports and Google Analytics to help us better understand how you use the Mason Bottle Website. These third party service providers will place cookies in your browser to collect information such as how you were referred to, how you navigate around the website, what you purchase and what traffic is driven by various marketing methods. This information will help us to better serve you and provide you with more personalized information and product offerings. We do not allow third party service providers to collect your credit card information, e-mail address, or password information. These third party service providers may only use your personal information to perform services for us and may not share your personal information with anyone else, or use it for any other purpose, except on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis.
In addition, to provide location-based services on the Mason Bottle website and third party application providers may automatically collect real-time geographic location information or other location-based information about you and your device or other mobile device. This information may be used to provide certain device or application functionality or to offer, provide and improve products and services.
4. How do we use your personal information?
Mason Bottle uses your personal information across our enterprise to provide you with a superior customer experience and, as necessary, to administer our businesses. For example, we use your personal information to:
- Provide you with products, services and information, including product and subject recommendations and other information on the Mason Bottle website, through emails from our businesses, and on the Mason Bottle website and online interactive communities, and display associated content and advertising;
- Administer our programs;
- To protect against deceptive and fraudulent activity;
- Provide customer service online;
- Conduct research and perform analysis in order to measure, maintain, protect, develop and improve our products and services;
- Administer giveaways, contests, promotions or surveys and provide appropriate notifications;
- Communicate with you about special offers, events, or new products or services that may be of interest to you;
- Customize and enhance the Mason Bottle website and advertising;
- Make communications necessary to notify you regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues; and
- Manage our business.
5. With whom do we share personal information?
Protecting the privacy and security of your personal information is a priority at Mason Bottle. Mason Bottle shares your personal information with:
- Service providers, subcontractors and agents who perform services on our behalf. We provide personal information to third party service providers, subcontractors, and agents that work under contract on our behalf to provide certain services. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Mason Bottle. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Third party providers of products and services. These are third parties that provide products and services you may purchase or request from or through us. These third parties do not have the right to use personal information we provide to them in any way that is not authorized by Mason Bottle. They are contractually obligated to use such information only as necessary to assist us and to maintain the confidentiality and security of such information.
- Credit card companies. Credit card transactions are handled by third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors who receive credit card numbers and other personal information from us to verify the credit card numbers and process transactions. Although Mason Bottle’s treatment of this information is governed by this policy, the use of your information by the third party financial institutions and their vendors and contractors will be subject to their own privacy policies.
- Law enforcement officials and as required by law. Mason Bottle may release personal information to third parties when we determine, in our judgment, and without your consent, that it is necessary to (a) comply with the law, regulation, legal process, or enforceable governmental request; (b) enforce or apply the terms of any of our policies or user agreements; (c) establish or exercise our rights, to defend against a legal claim, to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding possible illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, or a violation of our policies, (d) protect the rights, property or safety of Mason Bottle, our employees, our customers, users, or others; or (e) to comply with your request for the shipment of products to or the provision of services by a third party intermediary.
- Your Consent. We may ask if you would like us to share your information with other unaffiliated third parties who are not described elsewhere in this policy.
6. How do we protect personal information?
- No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is fully secure. While we use reasonable efforts to protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information. In the event that we are required by law to inform you of a breach to your personal information we may notify you electronically, in writing, or by telephone, if permitted to do so by law.
- Some of our websites permit you to create a Mason Bottle account. When you do you will be prompted to create a password. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of your account by someone else that has obtained your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you. You should notify us of any unauthorized use of your password or account.
7. Mason Bottle does not sell your personal information under the customary definition of sale.
We do not provide your name, phone number, address, email address or other personally identifiable information to third parties in exchange for money.
However, under certain state privacy laws, sharing information for advertising purposes may be considered a “sale” of “personal information.” You have the right to opt out of the “sale” of personal information, and we’ve made it possible for you to stop the information transfers that might be considered such a “sale” from our website or applications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Analytics & Targeted Advertising
You may choose to opt out of collection of automatically collected information, including cookies, Google Analytics, Wicked Reports and targeted advertising, by following the instructions given in Section 3(b) above, or by using the functionality in your browser to reject cookies.
Accessing, correcting and deleting your information
You have the right to ask us not to use your personal information for direct marketing purposes. You also have the right to request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies rectified. Finally, you have the right to request that we delete your personal information. If required by law we will grant a request to delete information, but you should note that in many situations we must keep your personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our agreements, or for another one of our business purposes.
Please address written requests and questions about your rights to email@example.com.
California residents may be entitled to object, or opt-out, of having their information sold to third parties. If you are a California resident and would like to opt-out of having your information sold, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We do not discriminate against California consumers who exercise any of their rights described in this policy.
Note that, as required by law, we will require you to prove your identity. Depending on your request, we will ask for information such as your name, the last item you purchased from us, or the date of your last purchase from us. We may also ask you to provide a signed declaration confirming your identity. Following a request, we will use reasonable efforts to supply, correct or delete personal information about you in our files.
9. Whom do I contact if I have questions or concerns?