Baby Shower Coming Up? Don't Be Afraid to Go Off-Registry
Posted on March 06 2017
When choosing a shower gift for parents-to-be, gift givers often aren't sure if it's okay to go off-registry.
Here are three big reasons why we say go for it:
- Babies often reject the products parents choose for them, so backups can be very handy!
- New parents will appreciate your tips about what worked for you or your loved ones.
- As long as you include a gift receipt, parents can always exchange it for something else!
Still not convinced? Let's break this down a bit more.
1. Babies are mysterious creatures and they do often reject the products parents choose for them. This is especially true for bottles (but also happens with every thing from teethers to toys to spoons and sippies). Most experts recommend having a few different bottles on hand to try once baby arrives.
2. When a parent felt strongly enough about a product to give it to us even though it wasn't on the registry, I found it both really thoughtful and really helpful. As expectant parents, we had very little idea about what products would really work well for our little one.
There were also products we'd never heard of and never imagined we'd need on a daily basis: The Sleep Sheep being a prime example in our family =)
3. As long as it's easy to return, going off registry can't hurt! Anyone who sells baby products should have a generous return policy, so be sure to ask about this when you buy.
At Mason Bottle, there's no expiration date on returns and exchanges. And baby boutiques, big box baby stores, and Amazon all have more generous return policies for their registry customers since a couple months might go by between the baby shower and baby's arrival.
What are Mason Bottle's most popular shower gifts? The Mason Bottle DIY Kit is great if you're on a budget, or if you know Mom and Dad are already mason jar afficionados.
The Mason Bottle Essentials Shower Gift Set is great if you want to spend a little more, or if Mom and Dad may not have many mason jars at home yet!