Now Hiring: E-Commerce Business Manager, 2018 - 2020
In this role you will work directly with the CEO and have your hands in all areas of the business from data analysis to accounting, to logistics, to sales and new product development. You will look at trends and data, help make business decisions, and plan and project manage. You don't have to be a numbers person, but do need to be curious and well organized.
If you've ever wanted to know what it takes to be a small business owner, this role will expose you to a bit of everything that's involved, and might make you more confident to start your own thing one day.
Responsibilities for this Role
- Reporting on sales growth
- Taking actions based on data to grow the business
- Managing inventory levels
- Launching our US product line into international markets
- Setting up logistics of international sales
- Running pay per click advertising campaigns on Amazon
- 1-2 hours of basic accounting work per week
- Creating systems and structures to mature the operations of the startup
- Occasional work in Search Engine Optimization and Search Engine Marketing
- Project management
- Support the CEO and marketing team
Prior experience with the responsibilities listed above is not a requirement for applicants. We prefer to train the individual we hire to take one these tasks with the support of our team. However, there are certain personality attributes that are critical for this position (see below).
Additionally, if you have other interests of skill sets outside of what's listed above, that's something we can accommodate so that you can hone your strengths and take on interesting projects.
Applicant Key Attributes
Consider applying if you are:
- a curious person with strong analytical skills
- detail-oriented and well-organized
- able to take charge and take initiative when you see ways to do things better
- an independent learner who can find resources to self-teach when necessary
- able to master new software/applications quickly and independently
Please read this section thoroughly to make sure this position is a good fit for you:
- To start, this job will require approximately 10 hours per week.
- You can set your own hours, so long as we always know when you're available each day.
- We are based in San Francisco, but will accept remote applicants for this position.
- Mason Bottle is a growing company, and there is plenty of room for this to grow into a full-time role if you're interested in learning other aspects of the business.
- DO NOT apply if you're not willing/able to make a minimum of a 1 year commitment to this role. If you can see yourself staying and growing with the company, even better!
This position provides the opportunity to take a leadership role at an early stage startup. Compensation commensurate with experience.
To apply, please send a résumé and a brief cover letter explaining why you're interested in the company and what makes you a good fit for this role to laura(at)masonbottle.com. In this letter, also give us your hourly compensation expectations and explain what skills/experiences you're bringing to the table to go along with that rate.
For more about our products, see masonbottle.com.
You can also see how we launched the brand on Kickstarter here.
And read more about Mason Bottle on Popsugar, too.